Thursday, August 10, 2006

Boston Wrap Up

Eight days in East Boston and reading a very challenging book called Irresistible Revolution has got me evaluating my life as a follower of Jesus.

I think we live our lives as "Labeled Christians" but live like most other people. We call ourselves Christians, and we believe in the Christian doctrinal truths, but our living patterns are very different from Jesus and his teachings.

I'm not just talking about sex, drugs, and other sinful behavior...Although we may struggle in these areas as well. I'm talking about living out Jesus in the place we live. Whether we live in Mattoon, Charleston, Springfield MO, Ft. Lauderdale, Boston, or Colombia... we have to live out a life of love and service to people around us. We need to be active in serving and not just do it when someone approaches us for help. Taking the initiative to serve WILL MAKE A DIFFERENCE.

So, after a week of cleaning, talking to people in the park, playing with children, participating in a very diverse church service, helping our team work out life issues, and just being the person God created me to be....I'm ready for change.

I'm ready to be pro-active in a life of service and good deed. I need to be the good Samaritan all the time. I need to love God, love my church community, and love everyone around me.

- - -
SOME MORE PICS



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home